From: Doug High <highdoug@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 04, 1998 at 19:43:28
Subject: Algebra proof

I once saw an algebra problem that contained a subtle error. Because of the
error, the problem appeared to prove that one plus one was not two. I teach in
the County Jail and I wanted to use this problem not only to teach algebra but
also to show them that what you think is so, isn't necessarily so.

Thank you,
Doug

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question