Q&A #267

An algebraic "proof" that 2 = 1

View entire discussion

From: Doug High <highdoug@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 04, 1998 at 19:43:28
Subject: Algebra proof

I once saw an algebra problem that contained a subtle error. Because of the error, the problem appeared to prove that one plus one was not two. I teach in the County Jail and I wanted to use this problem not only to teach algebra but also to show them that what you think is so, isn't necessarily so. Thank you, Doug

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®