From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 02, 1998 at 20:47:21
Subject: Re: Computer-aided assessment

The biggest disadvantage I can see, at this point in time, is the boring
aspect of doing that kind of activity for this super computer-graphic world.
You might get results very different from student ability. From the point of
view of a teacher who just went through the computer assessment of the
National Board Certification process, I am anti computer assessment! It
created anxiety in me I did not know really existed. There has to be a better
way.

Give the students a test to assess their standing, but find a package of
software to meet your student needs. There are many out there.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/