From: Rick (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 09, 1998 at 17:23:02
Subject: Re: Block scheduling in math education

Felipe -

I really feel that the block allows me to spend more time on topics. Some of
this depends on the format of the blocks. There are a number of different
ones. With your comments I am assuming will be teaching a course in a
semester. I have not used this form of block so I can't help you specifically
with how to set it up. I do know that it does take some re-thinking about the
make-up of your lessons. I would argue that you need to do at least 2 or 3
activities of varying types within the period in order to keep students
engaged.

We use an alternating day format so that we teach a particular class every
other day. This seems to work well for us.

Good luck.

Rick

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question