From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 04, 2000 at 22:02:45
Subject: Re: Number Rhymes

This answer to your question came from our public discussion area: From: Jan Deuter To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion Date: 4 Feb 00 12:09:28 -0500 (EST) Subject: Number Stories These number stories are used in our school. They are so old that I can't identify the source for you. 0 Make a circle, left to right for a zero. 1 Make a straight line down. One is fun. 2 Around and down, and back on the track--two, two. 3 Around the tree, and around the tree then we have a three. 4 Sitting down four. Down and across, then stand him on his leg last.Standing up four. Stand up on your leg, kick out and back fast. 5 Make a neck, and a big belly, put his hat on last. 6 Around the curve and make a loop. You have a six. 7 Across the sky and down from heaven. That makes a seven. 8 Make an s, don't you wait, up to the top and you have an eight. 9 Make a balloon, put it on a stick for a nine. 10 One is fun so let's make a zero. -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/