From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 04, 2000 at 22:02:45
Subject: Re: Number Rhymes

This answer to your question came from our public discussion area:

From: Jan Deuter
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 4 Feb 00 12:09:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Number Stories

These number stories are used in our school. They are so old that I
can't identify the source for you.

0   Make a circle, left to right for a zero.

1   Make a straight line down. One is fun.

2   Around and down, and back on the track--two, two.

3   Around the tree, and around the tree then we have a three.

4   Sitting down four. Down and across, then stand him on his leg
last.Standing up four. Stand up on your leg, kick out and back fast.

5   Make a neck, and a big belly, put his hat on last.

6   Around the curve and make a loop. You have a six.

7   Across the sky and down from heaven. That makes a seven.

8   Make an s, don't you wait, up to the top and you have an eight.

9   Make a balloon, put it on a stick for a nine.

10  One is fun so let's make a zero.

 -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question