From: Lynn Teo
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 27, 1998 at 09:28:59
Subject: Teaching conversion of units of measurement

How can I effectively teach so that my students understand this topic on
conversion of units of measurement such as cm, m and km?

For example: most students find it difficult to comprehend that

   715 cm = 7.15 m but
   2.12 m = 212 cm

It becomes frustrating for me to teach since they cannot understand
1cm = 1/100 m or 1 m = 1/1000 km.

Would you recommend some great activity that I can carry out to make them
understand better?

Thank you.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question