Q&A #286

Teaching conversion of units of measurement

View entire discussion

From: Lynn Teo
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 27, 1998 at 09:28:59
Subject: Teaching conversion of units of measurement

How can I effectively teach so that my students understand this topic on conversion of units of measurement such as cm, m and km? For example: most students find it difficult to comprehend that 715 cm = 7.15 m but 2.12 m = 212 cm It becomes frustrating for me to teach since they cannot understand 1cm = 1/100 m or 1 m = 1/1000 km. Would you recommend some great activity that I can carry out to make them understand better? Thank you.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®