Q&A #2908

Math Symbols

T2T || FAQ || Teachers' Lounge || Browse || Search || T2T Associates || About T2T

View entire discussion

From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 18, 2000 at 14:54:13
Subject: Re: Math Symbols

Yes, Scott, there is such a symbol. I don't know about its applications in science, but in mathematics it is used to refer to congruence when using modulos which comes under the general category of Group Theory. -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.