From: Judy (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 06, 2000 at 20:44:55
Subject: Re: Accelerated Math program

I have been using the Accelerated Math program with my students (grades
3-5) in a remedial lab setting every day this year.  They love it.  I was
dubious going into it because it is so paper oriented, but my students love
the structure.  It does free me up for small group help and for more
individualization.  I certainly don't miss having to grade papers.  The
students love the instant feedback provided by the scantron cards. Students
do work at their own pace and never feel the need to keep up on a certain
assignment because everyone is doing something different, even when they are
working on the same objectives.  So far I have been extremely pleased with
what we've done.  There are a couple of middle school teachers in my
district that are using it and I'm hearing basically the same thing from
them.  I don't know about overall feelings on AM but I know what it has done
for my students and that's good news.

 -Judy, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question