From: Judy (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 06, 2000 at 20:44:55
Subject: Re: Accelerated Math program

I have been using the Accelerated Math program with my students (grades 3-5) in a remedial lab setting every day this year. They love it. I was dubious going into it because it is so paper oriented, but my students love the structure. It does free me up for small group help and for more individualization. I certainly don't miss having to grade papers. The students love the instant feedback provided by the scantron cards. Students do work at their own pace and never feel the need to keep up on a certain assignment because everyone is doing something different, even when they are working on the same objectives. So far I have been extremely pleased with what we've done. There are a couple of middle school teachers in my district that are using it and I'm hearing basically the same thing from them. I don't know about overall feelings on AM but I know what it has done for my students and that's good news. -Judy, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/