Q&A #2927

Algebra I or Trigonometry

View entire discussion

From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 21, 2000 at 15:53:27
Subject: Re: Algebra I or Trigonometry

 Hi, Devon,

This idea is a great idea.  Congratulate the person who assigned it.  You
will be forever greatful to yourself for what you did it.  I would suggest
that you purchase a 3 ring binder for your materials and make an index as you
put it together.  Now the question of where to find materials.

I would advise you to joing the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
The cost is $28-35 for students.  You then receive 9 monthly Mathematics
Teacher magazines or Middle School Teacher magazines.  It is your choice.  In
each magazine there is an activity section.  The materials only have to be

As a member of NCTM you will receive the Newsletter four times a year.  In
each of these there is a pull out four page activity what is generally
independent of course level content.  By that I mean that the instructions
are such that it can be done by different course levels.  The material is
self presented.  I have almost 25 years of these in a binder.  Yes, I have
used these.  Each year I stick two  for each course that I teach in
anemergency folder that a sub can use.

Electronically you can go to lesson plan sites such as

Find something that interests you, run it off and file it.

If you use technology in your courses, go to the Texas Instrument site for
some other lesson plans:

Happy searching.

-Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®