Q&A #2927

Algebra I or Trigonometry

View entire discussion

From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 21, 2000 at 15:53:27
Subject: Re: Algebra I or Trigonometry

Hi, Devon, This idea is a great idea. Congratulate the person who assigned it. You will be forever greatful to yourself for what you did it. I would suggest that you purchase a 3 ring binder for your materials and make an index as you put it together. Now the question of where to find materials. I would advise you to joing the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. The cost is $28-35 for students. You then receive 9 monthly Mathematics Teacher magazines or Middle School Teacher magazines. It is your choice. In each magazine there is an activity section. The materials only have to be duplicated. As a member of NCTM you will receive the Newsletter four times a year. In each of these there is a pull out four page activity what is generally independent of course level content. By that I mean that the instructions are such that it can be done by different course levels. The material is self presented. I have almost 25 years of these in a binder. Yes, I have used these. Each year I stick two for each course that I teach in anemergency folder that a sub can use. Electronically you can go to lesson plan sites such as http://www.iit.edu/~smile/mathinde.html or http://mathforum.org/teachers/high/lessons-individual.html Find something that interests you, run it off and file it. If you use technology in your courses, go to the Texas Instrument site for some other lesson plans: http://www.ti.com/calc/activities Happy searching. -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®