From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 21, 2000 at 15:53:27
Subject: Re: Algebra I or Trigonometry

 Hi, Devon,

This idea is a great idea.  Congratulate the person who assigned it.  You
will be forever greatful to yourself for what you did it.  I would suggest
that you purchase a 3 ring binder for your materials and make an index as you
put it together.  Now the question of where to find materials.

I would advise you to joing the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
The cost is $28-35 for students.  You then receive 9 monthly Mathematics
Teacher magazines or Middle School Teacher magazines.  It is your choice.  In
each magazine there is an activity section.  The materials only have to be
duplicated.

As a member of NCTM you will receive the Newsletter four times a year.  In
each of these there is a pull out four page activity what is generally
independent of course level content.  By that I mean that the instructions
are such that it can be done by different course levels.  The material is
self presented.  I have almost 25 years of these in a binder.  Yes, I have
used these.  Each year I stick two  for each course that I teach in
anemergency folder that a sub can use.

Electronically you can go to lesson plan sites such as

 http://www.iit.edu/~smile/mathinde.html

or

http://mathforum.org/teachers/high/lessons-individual.html

Find something that interests you, run it off and file it.

If you use technology in your courses, go to the Texas Instrument site for
some other lesson plans:

http://www.ti.com/calc/activities

Happy searching.

-Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/