From: Mrs Babbitt
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 22, 2000 at 11:17:03
Subject: Just can't find a Number Balance!!!

I have searched and searched but just cannot find a Number Balance. Remember them from your childhood? It's just a plastic balance scale with numbers for weights, but these numbers are balanced so that a two and a three on one side will be equal in weight to a five on the other. I'm sure that it would be just the thing to help my youngsters grasp the concept of addition and subtraction, negative and positive numbers, even infinity...but I just haven't been able to locate one. Can anyone suggest either a catalog or a resource? It would be much appreciated!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/