From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 07, 2000 at 01:01:46
Subject: Re: Growth projects

Dear Josh,

Perhaps it depends on what your computer lab has available as far as
software? The lab that I work in has Claris Works and my students use a
spreadsheet file to make their graphs but then copy/paste them into word
processing files that can then be turned into slide shows. If you have
PowerPoint which is part of Microsoft Office, it is another multi-media
presentation tool.

Recently I have been using   http://ask.com   to find things and so just for
fun I just tried it and asked, "Where do I find current statistics on HIV?"
and it gave me this site:

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/stats/

The only thing that you need to remember is that while working in Ask.com it
will bring up the pages in frames and so it is handy if you know how to
select "new window with this frame" and that way just that page with the
corresponding URL will be available so that you can bookmark it and use it
again.

I hope that helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/