From: Mary Kaufmann
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 17, 1998 at 17:16:37
Subject: K-2 Magical Math Days

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

Our school is attempting to plan some magical math days for all students
(JK-Gr.2 - 260 students)with a focus on communicating the use of math
language, measurement, and problem solving.

For the Senior Kindergarten, ages 5-6 yrs., we'd like to use 'BUTTONS' and
set up 5-6 learning stations in a large classroom to challenge all the grade
levels in the school.

We talked about the early yrs. students (JK, SK - sorting, measuring,
matching, patterning, and creating a picture with buttons. Do you have any
further suggestions about these activities?

Recording, how could various grade levels record their successes and whether
they completed the tasks? (We thought maybe a tag could be worn around the
neck and the child would get a stamp for completion and one for success, with
a possible treasure upon their completion of so many activities.

I do hope our question is clear. We look forward to hearing from you and will
gladly share with you specifically what we set up and how the Magical Math
Days go for these young learners.

Mary Kaufmann

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question