Q&A #327

Making learning addition and subtraction fun

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Judy Chambers (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 15, 1998 at 14:23:14
Subject: Re: Making learning addition and subtraction fun

Dear Janet, I agree with all the suggestions by Claudia and Susan. Another idea you might want to try is using magnetic numbers on the refrigerator. Your son can construct facts while you are cooking dinner or cleaning up, and mistakes are very easily corrected by moving the numbers around. I also suggest to my parents that as a child masters facts, let him move that flash card to an "old friends" pile so the review stack is constantly getting smaller. Once he has accumulated so many old friends, he earns a reward, such as an outing with mom or a special friend to spend the night, or whatever you know will interest and motivate him. I hope these ideas help you. I know they have been successful with many of my students. Good luck, Judy

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®