From: Bill Hunt (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 17, 1998 at 10:30:17
Subject: Re: Making learning addition and subtraction fun

Student motivation is a problem at all grade levels, but I suspect the solutions are limited for a second grader. Research indicates that we have a higher motivation for learning if the need comes before the training. That is, give the students a real need for learning something, and they will be more motivated to learn. For a second grader I suspect giving examples of counting milk or lunch money would be a motivation. Counting the number of girls and number of boys and arriving at a total would be a motivating model. Good luck! Bill

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/