Q&A #3276

Software for the teaching of geometry

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Pat Ballew (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 07, 2000 at 16:21:30
Subject: Re: Software for the teaching of geometry

Two different answers come to mind depending on what you wish to do with your students. Maybe you can do both. If you go to the Key Curriculum site you can download a copy of the GEOMETER'S SKETCHPAD at no cost. This demo does everything that the regular sketchpad does except save and print so you can use the demo and learn. In my mind there is no better product on the market. If you don't have their web page you can find a link to this free download on my web page at: Mathboy’s Page: http://www.geocities.com/poetsoutback An excellent second choice is the Freeware, Wingeom developed by Richard Parris of Phillips Exexter Academy. (Somebody ought to give this guy a medal for all the great software he has available) This link will take you to the site where you can download the software. Wingeom http://math.exeter.edu/rparris/peanut/wingeomz.exe Good luck -Pat Ballew, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®