From: Pat Ballew (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 15, 2000 at 16:07:26
Subject: Understanding trig functions

Brandon, I don't think there is a simple answer to your question. Trigonometry is a powerful mathematical tool that finds lots of different uses in a wide range of situations, so the best idea would be to try to learn as much about basic ideas as you can, work lots of problems applying trig in different situations, then be ever watchful for opportunities to employ these skills. To help you with some first steps along the way.. here is a link to a really good site that explains the basics in a way that I think is very understandable. I hope it helps. http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/trig/ and this is a trig memory device that some of my students think is helpful http://www.geocities.com/poetsoutback/magichex.htm -Pat Ballew, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/