From: Susan (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 14, 1998 at 21:43:23
Subject: Re: "The Bulletin Board"

Emmet, What you are referring to is a series of lessons from a wonderful program called "Math Their Way" by Mary Barrata-Lorton. (I really hope I got her name right!) It has been around for many years (20+) and is used in many primary schools. Often, the Bulletin Board activities are called "Calendar Time" because they originates around the calendar as a reference for the students. I'm sure that you could do a Web search a find more information on this program. Workshops are still taught for teachers to get training in Math Their Way (K- 2), and there is a program for grades 3-5 called Math Their Way of Thinking. I do not have any of my books home with me at the moment to give you information about publishers, etc. but I will try to find more out for you. Good luck! -Susan, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/