From: Hope
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 06, 2000 at 14:37:30
Subject: Math Frustration, Puberty

Our fifth grade daughter is having difficulty in Math.  The teacher does
not have time to give one on one.  When we help her at home, there is
frustration, because of her mood swings from pre-puberty changes.  It
turns into a tug of war.  Plus there are math issues that we as the
parents may not understand how it is taught in class now-a-days.  She will
lean too much on our guidance of teaching math at home, and not want to
think it out herself.  I have an 8th grader friend tutoring her once a
week, but I am not sure if it follows what is taught in school.  The
teacher seems to think I am bugging him a lot about it, and does not respond
to inquiries lately.  I have looked into tutoring and it costs big bucks!
Are there any other ideas that I have forgotten to look at?  I would hate to
have her slip away with Math, but there is a struggle when I as a parent
teach her.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®