From: kristy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 08, 2000 at 02:10:14
Subject: Motivated to teach?

Hi, I am writing because I am stuck wondering what might motivate me to teach a particular subject. I am 23, single mom, have some college, and right now I am working part time as a school substitute. I am considering returning back to college to become a teacher either in basic science/physical science or general math/pre-algebra (neither are set in stone). I was wondering if some teachers could tell me what it was that motivated them to choose a particular subject to teach. I know this question may sound a bit strange, but people have different reasons that they choose to do things, and I am interested in hearing your reasons =). Please email me or post a reply to my question. Thanks !

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/