From: kristy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 08, 2000 at 02:10:14
Subject: Motivated to teach?

Hi, I am writing because I am stuck wondering what might motivate me to
teach a particular subject.  I am 23, single mom, have some college, and
right now I am working part time as a school substitute.  I am considering
returning back to college to become a teacher either in basic
science/physical science or general math/pre-algebra  (neither are set in
stone).  I was wondering if some teachers could tell me what it was that
motivated them to choose a particular subject to teach.
I know this question may sound a bit strange, but people have different
reasons that they choose to do things, and I am interested in hearing your
reasons =).   Please email me or post a reply to my question.  Thanks !

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/