From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 17, 2000 at 18:46:16
Subject: Re: Homework in Calculus BC

I, too, like Pat do not collect homework at this level. But, I do find
"senioritis" to be a BIG problem. Although a good guilt trip works on
occasion, I find that I have to do other things. So I have developed very
specific assignments which I use perhaps once or twice throughout a given
chapter and I let it take the form of AP, multiple choice and open response.
I do require that work accompany the multiple choice since copying answers
would be ridiculously easy otherwise!

Perhaps there is an AP teacher in your building or near by who could share
copies of older AP questions. You might want to attend an AP one week
workshop in the summer, if for nothing else, but the great resources that
are provided.

The AP Barron's review is a nice one and usually can be purchased at a
common bookstore.

Good luck.

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/