From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 28, 2000 at 19:14:00
Subject: Re: Math connections to real life

Well, here is a start...

most people have 2 eyes, noses, feet, hands, ears, knees...
pop tarts come packaged in twos

shamrocks have three leaves
three sides on a triangle

four legs on a desk (or a dog!)4 bases on a baseball diamond
four tires on a car
Kit Kat bars have 4 long sections, I think

five fingers on one hand
five toes on one foot

6 legs on an insect
Hamburger buns are packages in 6's

Hot doogs come in packages of 8, and so do the buns
I think there are eight squares of chocolate in a Hershey bar
crayons come in an 8 pack (at least, the packs I used to get did...)
eight legs on an octopus

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question