From: Jackie (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 13, 2000 at 11:50:30
Subject: Re: Math connections to real life

I don't have much to add to this message.This is a really great list already.
I thought of 5 sides on a house, or the points on a star (as children draw
these things) 6 cans of pop in a six pack and 9 squares in the traditional
hopscotch game.  I just wanted to let you know about a really neat book
called "I Can Count the Petals of a Flower" written by John & Stacey Wahl and
published by NCTM that has photographs of flowers with petals for every
flower from 1 through 16.

 -Jackie , for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/