From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 01, 2000 at 22:02:14
Subject: Re: Teaching learning disabled children

I have only taught a few learning disabled children.  I have referenced this
website to other teachers of learning disabled children.  It does not
directly answer you question.  I suggest that you start with the first area
marked with •••

Another site to start a search is:

http://mathforum.org/library/ed_topics/contexts_disabled/

I hope that this helps you.

 LD ONLINE - THE INTERACTIVE GUIDE TO LEARNING DISABILITIES
              FOR PARENTS, TEACHERS, AND CHILDREN

                    http://www.ldonline.org/

  A vast array of information on topics within the area of
  learning disabilities from CCLD, the Coordinated Campaign
  for Learning Disabilities, and the National Joint Committee
  on Learning Disabilities.

  •••LD In-Depth offers articles, research findings, and
  useful forums, including an area specifically devoted to
  dyscalculia, or learning disorders in math.
  http://www.ldonline.org/ld_indepth/resource-guide.html
  http://www.ldonline.org/ld_indepth/math_skills/math-skills.html

  See also 10 Tips for Software Selection for Math Instruction
  (Babbitt)
  http://www.ldonline.org/ld_indepth/technology/babbitt_math_tips.html

  For more sites with information about math and disabilities,
  visit the Forum's Internet Mathematics Library:

  Teaching Issues/Strategies: Special Contexts
  http://mathforum.org/library/ed_topics/contexts_disabled/

  Social Issues/Public Policy: Equity
  http://mathforum.org/library/ed_topics/equity_disabled/

 -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/