From: Donna (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 03, 2000 at 19:55:48
Subject: Re: Computer software to help elementary students understand math basics

In regards to your question about software for upper elementary students, my
students love "Logical Journeys of the Zoombinis"  from Broderbund.  The
program develops great logical reasoning skills.  This program is available
in the Scholastic Software catalog for $19.95.

Other programs that my students enjoy are Math Blaster and Math Munchers.
Both of these programs are drill and practice type review.

I have heard of other programs but have not had any experience with them:
Larson's Leapfrog Math:
(http://meridiancg.com/meridian/product/llm_elem.html)
My district is looking into this program.

While I was attending the annual NCTM Conference in Chicago I found out about
a website that can help develop concepts and improve skills.
http://www.ALFY.com

 -Donna, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question