From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 10, 2000 at 22:28:11
Subject: Re: Dividing by zero

Hi, It is now after 9 p.m. and I have read the answers sent to you by Jeanne, Pat and Claudia. I cannot add anything further to their explanations because I would use one of their approaches dependent upon the level of my students. When kids do not accept any of the explanations and keep asking the question, I tell them (humorously, of course) that Moses ran out of tablet space and could not write down the Eleventh Commandment of God: Thou shalt not divide by zero! What does this do? It generally stops the questions, until the next time! - Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service Visit us again at http://mathforum.com/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/