From: cindy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 10, 2000 at 16:25:12
Subject: Help for fifth grade student

I need to know the best ways to teach my daughter stronger math skills. For example, these are some of our problem areas: consecutive time, word problems (she does not know how to figure out what steps to take to get the correct answer), metric system and money. She also makes a lot of careless mistakes. She really enjoyed fractions and most mistakes were careless ones. She does not like math and we will go over and over it with her and she looks at you with this blank look on her face because she does not understand. We are keeping her math book over the summer. I donít know how to help her have more confidence with math. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are getting frustrated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/