Q&A #3922

Third derivative

View entire discussion

From: Janeen
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 11, 2000 at 12:21:39
Subject: Third derivative

Hi, I am trying to do some calculus with my pre-calculus students.....It's been a long time since I did any and I never took physics. I know that the first derivative is velocity, and the second derivative is acceleration. What is the 3rd derivative? Is it inertia? I came across a statement that the 3rd derivative is used in physics. Can you give me some information as to how it is used? Thanks much!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®