From: Janeen
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 11, 2000 at 12:21:39
Subject: Third derivative

Hi,

I am trying to do some calculus with my pre-calculus students.....It's been a
long time since I did any and I never took physics.

I know that the first derivative is velocity, and the second derivative is
acceleration.  What is the 3rd derivative?  Is it inertia?

I came across a statement that the 3rd derivative is used in physics.  Can you
give me some information as to how it is used?

Thanks much!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®