From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 11, 2000 at 18:02:57
Subject: Math education major

I am currently a freshman at North Dakota State University, and tomorrow is
my last day of class.  My major is Civil Engineering.  Although I love my
major and all my classes went well, I cannot get the thought of majoring in
math education out of my head.  My question is, should I major in math, do
I have to teach in North Dakota?  I love my school and do not wish to
transfer, but I don't want to be stuck teaching in ND for the rest of my
life.  Also, if I majored in civil engineering and minored in Math
Education, could I return to school later in life and get my teaching
certificate and be qualified to teach middle school/high school math?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/