Q&A #3925

Math education major

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 11, 2000 at 18:02:57
Subject: Math education major

I am currently a freshman at North Dakota State University, and tomorrow is my last day of class. My major is Civil Engineering. Although I love my major and all my classes went well, I cannot get the thought of majoring in math education out of my head. My question is, should I major in math, do I have to teach in North Dakota? I love my school and do not wish to transfer, but I don't want to be stuck teaching in ND for the rest of my life. Also, if I majored in civil engineering and minored in Math Education, could I return to school later in life and get my teaching certificate and be qualified to teach middle school/high school math?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®