Q&A #3971

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 19, 2000 at 01:12:44
Subject: Re: Measurement

I started by doing a search on the Math Forum site using:

and I found this Ask Dr. Math response:

and if you look at #6 it mentions:

 6. Make and use a clinometer (sextant) to indirectly measure five lengths.
Do this project only after having studied similar triangles.
Reference: "The Mathematics Teacher", Feb. '76, p. 135.

I don't know if you would have access to this periodical but it sounds like a
great source for what you want.

Then I found this lesson plan which looked more introductory than what you
had in mind:

Then I went to http://ask.com  and just searched for "clinometer" and found
this site:

Clinometer to measure the height of Trees - Elanora Heights Primary School

I hope that helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®