From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 04, 2000 at 14:18:54
Subject: Re: Name for 3 zeroes

I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I have always referred to
that as a "period".   So the first set is the units period, and the next is
the thousands period, then the millions period...   and so on.  :-)  Our
resident "vocabulary whiz" will chime in if this is wrong, I am sure.

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®