From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 04, 2000 at 14:34:13
Subject: Re: Geometry investigation wanted

I must admit that I am a middle school teacher and the lessons I either write
or find or usually geared to 7th graders since that is what I'm currently
teaching, however, maybe some of my ideas might help and you could tailor
them to your 5th grade students.

Here are some thoughts:

Constructing Rectangular Prisms
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/recprism.html

and you can see the full unit here:
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html

Tessellation Tutorials
http://mathforum.org/sum95/suzanne/tess.intro.html
(Choose from a variety of methods to create tessellations.)

Srinivasa's Spheres
http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/spheres.html

Building A Pyramid
http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/pyramid2.html

Both of those last two are from the Multicultural Math Fair pages here:
http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/index.html
http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/index.old.html

I hope that helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/