From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 04, 2000 at 14:34:13
Subject: Re: Geometry investigation wanted

I must admit that I am a middle school teacher and the lessons I either write or find or usually geared to 7th graders since that is what I'm currently teaching, however, maybe some of my ideas might help and you could tailor them to your 5th grade students. Here are some thoughts: Constructing Rectangular Prisms http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/recprism.html and you can see the full unit here: http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html Tessellation Tutorials http://mathforum.org/sum95/suzanne/tess.intro.html (Choose from a variety of methods to create tessellations.) Srinivasa's Spheres http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/spheres.html Building A Pyramid http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/pyramid2.html Both of those last two are from the Multicultural Math Fair pages here: http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/index.html http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/mathfair/index.old.html I hope that helps. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/