From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 03, 2000 at 16:49:39
Subject: Re: Job interview

Can you find out what kind of math text/curriculum they are using? Can you get a look at their books? This might give you an idea of what is going on at the school. Since you don't have much information, I would suggest you choose a topic that reflects a high school level course and emphasizes your strengths. Here's what I would be thinking about... Most panels for whom I have done a demo lesson or of which I have been a member have non-math educators as well as a math teacher. Each person looks at you with a slightly different set of eyes and backgrounds in mathematics-- that different from my classroom. (We don't have honors Algebra 1 nor honors Geometry. So my classes are have a range of abilities and backgrounds.) In all of my lessons, demo or real, I like to get my students involved, I do a lot of informal assessments, I move amongst my students to see what they are doing mathematically (and for behavior management), ...my demo lesson should reflect what I do. I wish I could be of more help. -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/