From: Judy (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 09, 1998 at 20:09:19
Subject: Re: Everyday Math

I have been using Everyday Math for 6 years now.  My teaching assignment is
"Lead Math teacher" so I work with the program in grades 1-5.  In my
experiences I have met many, many teachers who are thrilled with the
program.

Our system has seen increased test scores each year.  You should try to
attend one of their User's Conferences that EM holds around the country
during the summer.  For more information on the conference, call 1-800-382-
7670 and they can provide you with all the details.

One of the things I like best about the program is the way children develop
various problem solving strategies.  I have found the games very useful in
helping students learn basic facts and skills.  As far as districts that are
using the program I know that it is becoming more popular everyday. I'm sure
that you could find out exactly what districts are using it when you call
their Chicago office at the 800 number above.  Good luck and have a great
year.

 -Judy, for the Teacher2Teacher service.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question