From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 23, 2000 at 12:26:28
Subject: Re: Misconceptions and developing understanding

I have just begun reading Liping Ma's book "Knowing and Teaching Elementary
Mathematics" in which she compares American and Chinese teaching methods.
The discussion is focussed on very common errors made by students.  In fact,
Ma obtained the problems from an American teacher whose name, I believe, is
Deborah Ball.  (Sorry, I don't have my book here with me.)

I think this book might be of help to you.

 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/