Q&A #4243

Connecting hands-on and technology for remedial math

View entire discussion

From: Carol Fitzpatrick <CarolSFitz@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 02, 2000 at 20:07:00
Subject: Connecting hands-on and technology for remedial math

I am trying to design a remedial math lab for students at my elementary school who have not been able to pass the state math assessment at 3rd and 5th grades in Oregon. I am trained in cognitively guided instruction and feel these students were moved from the concrete to abstract activities before they understood the concepts. I am trying to find a computer program that is a self-paced sequential remedial math program that could be adapted to using hands-on activities with the help of cross-age tutors. It needs to cover 2nd- 5th grades (hopefully 6th, too). Is there anything like this already being done? What programs do you suggest? Any ideas along this line? Thank you!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®