From: Carol Fitzpatrick <CarolSFitz@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 02, 2000 at 20:07:00
Subject: Connecting hands-on and technology for remedial math

I am trying to design a remedial math lab for students at my elementary school
who have not been able to pass the state math assessment at 3rd and 5th grades
in Oregon.  I am trained in cognitively guided instruction and feel these
students were moved from the concrete to abstract activities before they
understood the concepts.  I am trying to find a computer program that is a
self-paced sequential remedial math program that could be adapted to using
hands-on activities with the help of cross-age tutors.  It needs to cover 2nd-
5th grades (hopefully 6th, too).  Is there anything like this already being
done?  What programs do you suggest?  Any ideas along this line?

Thank you!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®