From: Margie Kunz
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 03, 2000 at 11:41:54
Subject: Saxon Algebra 1 (volume or prisms)

I will be student teaching in the fall.  I will be teaching 8th grade
Algebra.  I have been reviewing over the book because I took my college
algebra class 10 years ago.  My question is why at the beginning of the
book the volume of a right prism is taught perimeter(lateral surface area)
times height and later in the book volume of a prism is taught area of base
times the perpendicular distance between the bases?  Is there a good reason
for the different formulas?  Also do both formulas render the same
solution?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®