From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 06, 2000 at 01:07:59
Subject: Re: Beach theme math lessons

Dear Erika,

What a fun idea!

I didn't know any off hand but I thought.... hmmm.... maybe if I search the
Math Forum using the word "beach" I might come up with some ideas for you.
So, here is what
http://mathforum.org/grepform.html
found:

A Crabby Word Problem
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/wreif2.13.96.html

Ratio and Proportion: Beaches and Hawks
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/tom10.26.98.html

Other ideas off the top of my head would be to use a beach ball to work out
questions about spheres.

Maybe other T2T Associates will have some additional ideas!

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/