From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 08, 2000 at 16:53:28
Subject: Math in everyday living

I am looking for ways to teach high school mentally disabled students
(such as those with Down Syndrome that have the basic four math skills of
addition, subtr., mutlt. and div.) to use math in the real world when they
graduate from high school and live in an apartment or group home.  They
will need to keep a checkbook, pay their utilities and bills, and keep
within a budget, just like the rest of us. I am looking for any programs
available or Web sites that will help these students become as independent
as possible concerning the use of money, math, bills, time schedule, etc.
Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Barb Pfeiler

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®