From: Keith Watkins <kwatkins@king.prps.k12.ca.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 15, 2000 at 02:52:18
Subject: Middle school geometry activity

Hello...my name is Keith Watkins and I'm a graduate student working on my
final project.  When trying to decide on what type of "action research"
that I'd like to do, I decided to do it on some sort of creative geometry
project (because I hated my geometry unit last year!).  Since I use sports
examples often in my teaching, I decided to do a unit in which the students
will have to create their own miniature golf hole, using geometry as a
guide. I guess my question is, do you have any good ideas on how to
implement this?  For example, I want to incorporate scale drawings into this
unit... what would be the easiest way to do this?  Top view?  Side view?
Neither?  Should I have them just make a model?  Any ideas on the scale
drawings, or any other helpful ideas, would be greatly appreciated!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/