From: Keith Watkins <kwatkins@king.prps.k12.ca.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 15, 2000 at 02:52:18
Subject: Middle school geometry activity

Hello...my name is Keith Watkins and I'm a graduate student working on my final project. When trying to decide on what type of "action research" that I'd like to do, I decided to do it on some sort of creative geometry project (because I hated my geometry unit last year!). Since I use sports examples often in my teaching, I decided to do a unit in which the students will have to create their own miniature golf hole, using geometry as a guide. I guess my question is, do you have any good ideas on how to implement this? For example, I want to incorporate scale drawings into this unit... what would be the easiest way to do this? Top view? Side view? Neither? Should I have them just make a model? Any ideas on the scale drawings, or any other helpful ideas, would be greatly appreciated!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/