From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 15, 2000 at 09:30:08
Subject: Re: Middle school geometry activity

I remember seeing an article in the Mathematics Teacher by a teacher whose students designed a miniature golf course. The class was divided into groups and each group designed a different hole. So I went to http://www.google.com and searched for "miniature golf+math". Here's some of what I got: This one brings miniature golf into the classroom in a very simple but effective way. http://mathforum.org/workshops/sum96/golf.math.html This one describes the process and has lots of links. The internet was used a great deal. http://www.meadowbrook.district28.k12.il.us/Units/Minigolf/scenario.htm This one has a careers slant to it. http://www.ode.state.oh.us/ctae/tandi/projects/jminiat.htm This teacher's class built a few holes, too. http://www.lava.net/~stlouis/hs/math/minigolf/ There are so many more sites. Thanks for asking. I am thinking of doing aspects of this in my room next year. -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/