From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 15, 2000 at 09:30:08
Subject: Re: Middle school geometry activity

I remember seeing an article in the Mathematics Teacher by a teacher whose
students designed a miniature golf course.  The class was divided into
groups and each group designed a different hole.  So I went to

http://www.google.com

and searched for "miniature golf+math".  Here's some of what I got:

This one brings miniature golf into the classroom in a very simple but
effective way.

http://mathforum.org/workshops/sum96/golf.math.html

This one describes the process and has lots of links.  The internet was used
a great deal.

http://www.meadowbrook.district28.k12.il.us/Units/Minigolf/scenario.htm

This one has a careers slant to it.

http://www.ode.state.oh.us/ctae/tandi/projects/jminiat.htm

This teacher's class built a few holes, too.

http://www.lava.net/~stlouis/hs/math/minigolf/

There are so many more sites.

Thanks for asking. I am thinking of doing aspects of this in my room next
year.

 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/