Q&A #4306

Middle school geometry activity

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 15, 2000 at 09:30:08
Subject: Re: Middle school geometry activity

I remember seeing an article in the Mathematics Teacher by a teacher whose
students designed a miniature golf course.  The class was divided into
groups and each group designed a different hole.  So I went to

and searched for "miniature golf+math".  Here's some of what I got:

This one brings miniature golf into the classroom in a very simple but
effective way.

This one describes the process and has lots of links.  The internet was used
a great deal.

This one has a careers slant to it.

This teacher's class built a few holes, too.

There are so many more sites.

Thanks for asking. I am thinking of doing aspects of this in my room next

 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®