From: Carol (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 27, 2000 at 21:40:35
Subject: Re: Grouping students

Hi Angela, My answer does not require a computer, but I think it would solve your problem. Type the names of all your 24 students on a sheet of paper. Then make a copy of the names on a second sheet. Cut the paper off under the last name on the first sheet of paper. Fold your paper back with the student names on the outside and make a cylinder by taping the bottom of the list to the top of the list with the last name just above the first name. Do exactly the same thing with the second piece of paper with the names of the students. Then slip the second cylinder partly over the first cylinder so that you can see both columns of student names side by side. Each time you want to change partners, just turn one of the cylinders enough to line it up with the next student on the other sheet causing each student to have a new partner that they haven't had before. This will allow each student to have each of the other 23 student as a partner exactly once during a cycle. -Carol, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/