From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 03, 2000 at 14:11:11
Subject: Re: Action research in the classroom

Hello Heidi,

Let me give you a little background information before I answer your
questions.  I participated in a teacher research group brought together by
the CRESS Center (Cooperative Research & Extension Services for Schools) at
the University of California, Davis.  I copied the web page that has their
contact information below.

http://education.ucdavis.edu/cress/contact.html

Here is their sitemap so you can click on the Teacher Research part of CRESS.

http://education.ucdavis.edu/cress/sitemap.html

If you want copies of the publications...

http://education.ucdavis.edu/cress/projects/satellites/request.html

I don't know which volume my article is in or if they'd even have a copy
left.  Sorry.  My official participation in TR was a long time ago.

Now for answers to your questions...

My research was a personal one. I wanted to focus on one piece of my
teaching in one class. None of the other members of my department were
involved. They were aware because of conversations but that was all.

I am a high school teacher.  My assignment varies slightly from year to year.
I have taught courses as low as general math and as high as AP Calculus.

Sharing with others?  Yes. One of my articles was published in the CRESS
Center's publication "Translation, Rotation, and Reflection:  Mathematics
Teachers and Research."  I talk about it when the opportunity arises--I am
talking to you... :o).

More research?  Unofficial?--all the time.  Official, as in publishing or
presenting a paper?--Possibly.

Hope this helps.
 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/