From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 28, 2000 at 14:38:54
Subject: Re: Writing math journals

I did a search on http://www.google.com for "journal prompts" and was
rewarded with several hits.  I copied a couple of the URLs for you to look at
below.

42 Ways to Start a Math Journal Entry
http://www.minnetonka.k12.mn.us/science/lessons23/mathjrnl.html

Mathematics Journals
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~mathed/t/rc/jour/journal.htm

You could also do a search in the Math Forum site for "journal prompts."

http://mathforum.org/grepform.html

I just did and saw a couple of web pages by Suzanne Alejandre in which she
incorporates journal writing as a integral part of the lesson.

http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/math/leonardo.html
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/math/student.leonardo.html

You might also check out the following T2T discussion:

http://mathforum.org/t2t/thread.taco?thread=1506&discussion_indexes=&

Hope this helps!

 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/