Q&A #4508

Decorating my classroom

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 27, 2000 at 21:47:22
Subject: Re: Decorating my classroom

I used to hang mobiles from the lights and from the ceiling.  Each mobile
had a math theme:  quadrilaterals, real number system, chapter summaries.
Sometimes they were assignments.  Sometimes they were extra credit projects.

           |                       Making the mobiles themselves could
      Real Numbers              be a lesson in balancing.  (How far from the
           |                    fulcrum should "irrational numbers" be placed
           |                    so that the mobile is balanced?)
      |           |
Irrational     Rational
  Numbers       Numbers
               Whole Numbers
             Natural Numbers

Warning:  If your classroom has a burglar alarm that is set off by a motion
sensor, ... well, I think you can figure out why I don't do this any more.

 -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Visit us again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®