From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 27, 2000 at 21:47:22
Subject: Re: Decorating my classroom

I used to hang mobiles from the lights and from the ceiling. Each mobile had a math theme: quadrilaterals, real number system, chapter summaries. Sometimes they were assignments. Sometimes they were extra credit projects. | | Making the mobiles themselves could Real Numbers be a lesson in balancing. (How far from the | fulcrum should "irrational numbers" be placed | so that the mobile is balanced?) ----------- | | Irrational Rational Numbers Numbers | Integers | Whole Numbers | Natural Numbers Warning: If your classroom has a burglar alarm that is set off by a motion sensor, ... well, I think you can figure out why I don't do this any more. Cheers! -Jeanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service Visit us again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/