From: Pat Ballew (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 14, 2000 at 18:18:53
Subject: Re: Pre-Algebra

The only thing that came quickly to mind (and honestly, very little about my
mind is quick anymore) was to try to do a survey and graph results.

What are our students proud of?  School, home, Pokemon collection?

Not sure how the Science teacher is doing "Pride in our planet" but it sounds
like an environmental related approach, is there something you could measure
record, analyze that ties into the same theme.

Sorry to have so very little to offer, but this does seem a tough area for
math.  Next time push for "commutative property" as a topic and make the
English and History teachers sweat. :-}

Good luck, I hope you find something you feel will be positive.

 -Pat Ballew, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Visit us again at http://mathforum.com/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®