From: Jim Waters
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 02, 1998 at 18:52:47
Subject: Understanding word problems

Recently I became involved in teaching a GED program for adults. I observed
that most students lack the ability needed to interpret word problems.  I
realize that this probably represents a gap in their verbal education. In
any event, I am contacting you for some direction in methods and
procedures for helping students to understand when to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide when trying to solve a word problem.  Your response
will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your attention.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/