Q&A #467

Teaching for a 90-minute period

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 03, 1998 at 21:00:52
Subject: Teaching for a 90-minute period

I teach 8th grade math. This school year, our school will be on a 90-minute block schedule. Therefore, instead of the six periods (45 mins./ period) a day, I will be teaching 3 periods (90 mins./period). I'm a little nervous. I was wondering if you have any ideas on how to set up lesson for a 90 minute period. I want to start planning for the first month of school. The topics we will be covering are the following: Order of Operations, Properties, Place Values and Problem Solving.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®