From: Eric Impastato <e_imp@netzero.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 17, 2000 at 20:07:56
Subject: Ways to communicate to a 3rd grader

I am a single parent trying to help out my 8 year old daughter with her
homework. I would like to know if there is a better way to teach the math
concepts to her.  I do not think that I am a very effective communicator when
it comes to helping her out.  She says she doesn't understand.  She also gets
emotional about not understanding. I might be able to help out more
effectively if I can find a way to teach her so that she will understand and
grasp the concept easily.  It may be easy to me but it is like learning
physics for her. I don't want to just give her the answer and hope she will
get it while at school.
     Can you suggest any reading or CD material that will help me to help
her without the heartache?
  Thanks, Eric

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/