From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 23, 2000 at 22:59:40
Subject: Re: Pre-calculus

Hi, Cale,

I don't think I have ever been asked this question.   Polar coordinates are
used in navigation.  An air traffic controller needs to be able to read polar
graphs and understand them.   People who are writing programs to do graphics
and wish to do spirals and cloverleaf would find that polar equations are
easier to determine than rectangular ones.

You have stumped me about imaginary numbers.   I will think about this and get
back to you if I think of any jobs using imaginary numbers.   I am sure when
you say "jobs" you are not asking about applied mathematicians or physicist as
they use these units.

-Marielouise, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question