From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 23, 2000 at 22:59:40
Subject: Re: Pre-calculus

Hi, Cale, I don't think I have ever been asked this question. Polar coordinates are used in navigation. An air traffic controller needs to be able to read polar graphs and understand them. People who are writing programs to do graphics and wish to do spirals and cloverleaf would find that polar equations are easier to determine than rectangular ones. You have stumped me about imaginary numbers. I will think about this and get back to you if I think of any jobs using imaginary numbers. I am sure when you say "jobs" you are not asking about applied mathematicians or physicist as they use these units. -Marielouise, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/