From: Cale Ebert <cebert@bcbe.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 24, 2000 at 09:40:12
Subject: Re: Pre-calculus

Dear Marielouise,
Thank you so much for your reply.  I never thought about an air traffic
controller.  We also think aerospace engineers use polar coordinates.  Do you
know?  I am also stumped about imaginary numbers.  If we can't find a
profession (other than mathematicians, etc.) that use imaginary numbers, is
there a good reason why high school students should study them?

Cale

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®