From: Cale Ebert <cebert@bcbe.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 24, 2000 at 09:40:12
Subject: Re: Pre-calculus

Dear Marielouise, Thank you so much for your reply. I never thought about an air traffic controller. We also think aerospace engineers use polar coordinates. Do you know? I am also stumped about imaginary numbers. If we can't find a profession (other than mathematicians, etc.) that use imaginary numbers, is there a good reason why high school students should study them? Cale

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/