From: margaret <culfran1@primus.com.au>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 29, 2000 at 17:18:23
Subject: Re: Decomposition in maths subtraction

Dear Gail, Thanks for your reply. It did assist me. When you refer to the shorthand method we used at school, do you mean the borrowing method? Or do you just mean writing the decomposition method with just numbers? I'm interested to know why we would go between two different methods for children- wouldn't that confuse them? Thanks again, Margaret

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/